Nobody wants unwanted house guests particularly those that come with six or eight legs, it isn’t just insects you don’t want in your home but flies, mosquitoes or rodents either. They don’t just spoil the mood they can be a danger to your health and damage your property. Keeping them away is a lot easier than trying to get rid of them once they have made your house their home. Here are 7 tips to keep pests out of your home.
- Stop them from getting in. The best method of prevention is to stop them from ever getting in in the first place. So you need to do a pest inspection and make sure that all of the holes and gaps are blocked. If you need repairs then get them done as soon as you can before the entrance is discovered.
- Clean the kitchen. Most rodents or insects are looking for a food source so if you leave out food on your counters they will take it as an invitation. Keep the counters and sinks clean of all food debris, sweep the floors regularly and it will help keep critters away.
- Store fruit and vegetables in the fridge. Many homeowners store fruits and vegetable in baskets and then forget they are there. Fruits and even veggies will continue to ripen attracting ants and fruit flies to your kitchen. They are attracted to the strong sweet smell coming off your produce and come running. Some veggies store better in cool dry areas, just make sure they are sealed.
- Clean your floors with an anti-allergen. Using the right detergent to clean your floors can help keep crawling insects away. They don’t like the smell and they will avoid it if they can.
- Keep standing water out of the yard. If there is any standing water around your property it is time to get rid of it. It will attract bugs, in particular mosquitoes and it is where they will lay their eggs. Check the property on a regular basis and dump any water that is pooling.
- Check your outdoor furniture. Check your outdoor yard furniture for things like spider webs, egg sacks or rodent feces. Spray down your furniture regularly if you can and keep it clean.
- Hire a pest control company. If you aren’t sure if you have a pest infestation or you want them to inspect your property to make sure that there are no ways for pests to get into your home. Remember that pests like termites are hidden from the naked eye but a pest control professional knows how to spot them and eradicate them.
Natural Pest Solutions
46167 Yale Rd,
Follow these tips and you can keep your home healthy and safe.